Use tempeh instead of meat as a filler for these vegetarian tacos. Top with your favorite taco fillings, such as salsa, fresh lettuce, cheese or sour cream. This taco recipe is a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will eat up!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package tempeh, sliced into - 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground corriander seeds, or a taco seasoning packet
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- Other taco fillings such as lettuce, tomatoes, or sour cream (optional)
- Soft wheat flour tortillas or hard taco shells
Sautee the onion in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add tempeh, soy sauce and spices. Allow to cook for about five more minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro. Save back some cilantro for toppings.
Fill your taco shells or tortillas with the tempeh mixture and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa or sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
Got Culture Questions? Call the Culture Hotline...
Please Call 1+ 231.269.3261 Between 4PM - 8PM, GMT -5/EST. Copyright 2010-2016 Organic Cultures - Water Kefir Grains, Dairy Kefir Cultures, Kombucha/JUN strains, Japanese culture
spores for home food culturing.
Copyright protected under state, national, and international laws. All rights reserved. Images may be used/copied if www.organic-cultures.com
is quoted or linked as the source.
Contact webmaster at: webmaster (at) organic-cultures.com