MANGO PULISSERY / MAMBAZHA PULISSERY Recipe
Sounds like a great recipe for fermentation!
It has yogurt in the mix and you may ferment or use fermented chilli, too! The mangoes could be fermented the day before, too, however cooking will kill off the pro-biotics. Happy Culturing…
Mango –1 Cup Chopped
Curd / Yogurt – 1 cup
Water – As required
Salt – To taste
GRIND to a PASTE…
Fresh Grated Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Green Chilli – 1
Jeera (cumin) – 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Coconut Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli – 2
Curry Leaves – a spring
– Peel and chop mangoes. Heat 1/2 cup water in a wok. Bring to a boil and add in the chopped mango chunks.
– Add in salt to taste and cook until the mango is cooked.
– Add all the ingredients listed under ‘grind and paste’, blending them into a smooth paste, add water if needed.
– Add in turmeric powder. Cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
– Take the thick yogurt curd. Beat until you get a smooth consistency. Add to the mango mixture. Cook for few minutes. Remove from heat.
Heat oil in a tampering pan. Add all the ingredients listed under ‘for tampering’ and saute them.
Add the tampered contents into the ‘gravy’ and mix them slowly.
Delicious Pulissery is ready to eat. Serve hot with steamed white rice. Enjoy!