A buttermilk pancake recipe that's perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. Add blueberries to these light and fluffy pancakes for a special treat
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh or frozen blueberries, lightly dusted with flour, to the above batter. Allow the buttermilk pancakes to cook a bit longer due to the extra volume of fruit.
- Replace sugar in recipe with maple syrup and real vanilla extra, for an extra rich and tangy taste. Top with butter, maple syrup, and walnut pieces!
- To basic pancake mix add the additional
- 1 to 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
To prepare syrup, combine 1 cup juice and syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine the 4 tablespoons juice and cornstarch in a bowl; add to pan. Smimmer for 1 minute or until thickened; remove from heat. Serve with culture yogurt buttermilk pancakes
Got Culture Questions? Call the Culture Hotline...
Please Call 1+ 231.269.3261 Between 4PM - 8PM, GMT -5/EST. Copyright 2010-2016 Organic Cultures - Water Kefir Grains, Dairy Kefir Cultures, Kombucha/JUN strains, Japanese culture
spores for home food culturing.
Copyright protected under state, national, and international laws. All rights reserved. Images may be used/copied if www.organic-cultures.com
is quoted or linked as the source.
Contact webmaster at: webmaster (at) organic-cultures.com