Solstice Hot Sauce
By 3HO org
This is a great condiment that is used on the tantric burgers during the summer solstice. Easy to make. Use it during any meal for a spicy, tangy fermented sauce to bring some heat to any dish…Enjoy!
What is Needed…
– 3 large onions, chopped and/or diced
– ¼ cup dried crushed red chilies
– 8 ounces tamarind concentrate
– 16 ounces hot water
– 1 ½ cups sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon turmeric
– 10 whole small dried red chilies
– 2 cups apple cider vinegar
– Put the onions in a large bowl and sprinkle with the crushed chilies
– Melt tamarind concentrate in hot water
– Add sesame oil and the diluted tamarind to onions
– Sprinkle with the turmeric
– Add the whole chilies and vinegar
– Stir and cover
Now the waiting game…
– Let sit overnight or several days for the fullest flavor and mild fermentation.
– After the sauce is to your liking, in taste and flavor, store in the refrigerator.
– The sauce will keep a long time and gets better with age.
You can also blend it once finished for more of a paste consistency.
Yields about 2 quarts.
Use on veggies burgers or as a fermented condiment! Happy Culturing!