~ Fermented Beet and Goat Cheese ~
Shockingly pink beet colour, this spread makes a wonderful appetizer or addition to a cheese plate. Roasting the beets in their skins retains their intense color. This recipe uses two cultures of beets and cheese. Use this spread on toasted bread/flat bread, crackers, or as part of a cheese plate.
– Fermented beet kvass, about 2 beets worth, skin on or off
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– Pinch of salt
– Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– Juice of ½ orange, fresh
– 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chèvre)
1. Use beets from the fresh made beet kvass.
2. Cut into small pieces and purée in food processor with olive oil.
3. Add balsamic vinegar and orange juice and mix until smooth.
4. Add goat cheese and mix for another minute or two.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Live, Grow, and Share Cultured Foods…Happy Culturing!
See our online store for all your culturing needs – store.organic-cultures.com