~ KimChi Slaw w/ Cilantro & Lime Recipe 5 ~
Raw – Vegan – Fermented
This recipe uses an already made kimchi to make into a quick slaw. It’s great for those who like kimchi but can’t handle the heat or for those who have not had kimchi before. It combines the bold flavors of kimchi with cilantro, lime, and mild heat. The slaw is versatile as a side salad/condiment for barbecue, with fried chicken, or even a hot dog topping.
Mix with shredded chicken for a quick main entree.
Use a neutral oil to have the dressing to coat the slaw.
Preparation time – 10 minutes – Makes 4 servings
– 4 cups shredded red or green cabbage, or a mix
– 1 ½ cups Daikon Radish Cube Kimchi
– 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
– A bit of grated carrot for color
– ¼ cup chopped cilantro
– Juice of ½ lime
– ¼ cup kimchi juice
– 1 tbsp of natural oil, optional
– 4 tbsp of fresh shiso leaf, optional
– Mix the cabbage, kimchi, green onions, cilantro/shiso in a large bowl
– In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime and kimchi juice. Then slowly mix in the oil until incorporated.
– Now pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate a few hours to allow the flavors to meld.
Enjoy this quick and easy kimchi slaw to add flavor to an entree, snack, or as a side condiment.
See more recipes and join our Blog page –